How we use your personal information and cookies
Who are we?
We are Science Limited (Jersey), a company registered in the Channel Islands under registration number FC029278. Our address is 13-14 Welbeck Street, London W1G 9XU. If you have any questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office and we are registered on the Data Protection Register under registration number Z3092705.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you choose to register as a user of the Site, we will ask you to provide us with an email address;
- if you want to receive information and updates about the Site and its contents by email, we will ask you to provide us with your email address;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access; and
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How will we use your information?
We may use Your Information to:
- send you emails containing information and updates about the Site and its contents;
- allow you to save items published on the Site so that you can find them easily on the Site;
- respond to any communications you send us;
- gain a clearer understanding of our users and how they interact with the Site; and
- help us improve the Site.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. If you want to know more about cookies and how they work, please refer to the following websites: http://www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you are a registered user of the Site, we will use a cookie for the duration of your visit to the Site for the purposes of allowing you to save items so that you can find them again easily. After you close your browser, this cookie will expire.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. Unless you do this, cookies will be issued when you use our Site, but you can delete them via your browser at any time. If you do not accept cookies, or decide to delete them, you will still be able to access and use the Site but you won't be able to save any items. You can also install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On to prevent Google Analytics cookies being set, which is available for download here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Will we share or transfer your information?
We will not share Your Information with a third party except:
- where we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, or if Science Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Science Limited, our employees, other users or others.
We will not transfer any of Your Information to destinations outside of the European Economic Area.
Access to your information, correction and unsubscribing
- To find out more about how your data will be used, or to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for this.
- We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any emails we send you. You can do this by clicking on the link at the bottom of every email we send to you or by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem – for more information visit www.ico.gov.uk.
How to contact us